Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

Cavern Defenders [rated] Empty
PostSubject: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:45 pm

It felt strange to Vincent to finally be in the nation that he was born once again, not because he was home, but because he never took even a glance at his home town on his way to Kerichi. He did not give this another thought and quickly went to the place they were to meet, a small plaza on the edge of the city.

"Quite the beast you've got there. My name is Iven." The commander was strongly built with dark red hair and green eyes.

"That is correct, I am Vincent, and my beast's name is Blitz." said Vincent, showing obvious dislike for Iven's choice of word. "He is my partner and is as much a fighter as I. We both shall serve you well...even if we cannot take flight in the caves."

"Oh don't worry, you and Blitz will have your chance to fly. Where we're going is quite open...that is if you don't mind the occasional lava fall." He turned towards the sound of approaching footsteps. 'But enough on that; it would appear the other member of this team has arrived."

Blue text = Vincent
Green text = Iven(the commander who requested help)

Last edited by NotteEterna on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shady
Cafè Member
Cafè Member
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Lightning neared the two men who were talking and viewed the animal beside one of the men.

" Oh, Hello there. The names Lightning, I'm one of the members who was requested help. Nice to meet you, you must be Commander Iven and my partner for this mission, Vincent. I've heard some stuff about you too. So, do you have any knowledge as to how this operation will be executed?" asked Lightning. He waited for an answer.

Last edited by Shady on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 pm

"I think it is best to just go down there for ourselves and figure it out from there. Mind the lava though." With that Iven lead the group into a dimly lit tunnel.

"I suppose that means that even our requester is unsure of our mission. That's great." At this Blitz appeared to chuckle. "So Lightning, I heard some rumours about you and your family. Assuming they're true, perhaps me and Blitz here will help you? We may be able to get our hands on some valuable items; wouldn't want to pass that up."
Back to top Go down
Shady
Cafè Member
Cafè Member
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Lightning took a quick look at Vincent. "You must know about my parents, Huh? They were rather famous, but I don't want to get into...what happened." said Lightning. He agreed to go on the trip in order to help the community, make a bit of money and get some equipment for training. Lightning spoke up as they hiked through the trail

" So, what monsters or other creatures do you presume are gonna be there?"
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 pm

The commander appeared to take no notice to the conversation and just continued walking. "It shouldn't be much further now."

"My guess is mutant moles or some kind of hard-shelled creature that is resistant to this heat." Vincent said in a joking manner, though he too was wondering as they had yet to see a single monster.

"We have arrived." the area the team found themselves in was a large cavern as was said, but only held one entrance, the one they came from. The commander drew his sword and shield. "Lightning, how foolishly have you fallen into this trap, but now I'm afraid you must be silenced." He pointed his sword towards Lightning.

"What trickery do you play at commander Iven?" Vincent drew his spear before receiving an answer. "Come to think of it however your weapons are not that of Zolfo, but rather of the Empire!" He could hear the footsteps of roughly 5 others coming from behind them.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Cafè Member
Cafè Member
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

( Eterna, Fucking Epic Plot twist man, Props. )

" I knew this was a trap. I know an Empire when I see one, they reek of disgusting hate and tomatoes. Lightning stepped back and drew his sword. Iven's reinforcements stepped up to battle. Each wielding a sword. " You're real name is not Iven, but Yven, the leader of the 3rd Squad Bahamut Empire Army. I told you, I've heard about you. "

Lightning rushed into battle with Yven, trying to make an opening for Vincent to attack the reinforcements."Vincent, go attack them! yelled Lightning as he blocked one of Yven's attacks.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 am

(why thank you. felt it could use one.)

"You ready for this Blitz?" Blitz nodded and the two took flight. "Now lets give them a real fight shall we?" The two lead the 5 soldiers away from the battle and to the far side of the cavern that was now a battleground.

"Stay clear of their weapons and look for an opening." Vincent advised remaining calm. Taking every chance they had to strike, with fang and spear the two were able to defeat the group with minimal injuries.

"I think that...was the last of the soldiers...Blitz! Let us block the entrance and stand-by for reinforcement." Blitz did as told and flew to a halt in front of the caverns entrance.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Cafè Member
Cafè Member
Shady

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:21 am

Lightning and Yven dueled outside of the cave entrance with their two swords clashing at one another. " You haven't even landed a hit yet, Lightning! " Lightning stepped back as a slash appeared at the corner of his eye. " You're strong, Yven, but I assure you no Bahamut Scum can beat me. Lightning replied with another slash and uppercut Yven knocking him down. " Die! " yelled Lightning as his sword flung down for a final blow.

Yven used his shield to block the hit, then sent Lightning back and slashed him while he was off-guard. " You can't beat me with your current strength, Lightning, you need to improve. " Lightning picked up his sword and tried to strike Yven. Yven stepped back, then slashed Lightning again, but this time Lightning blocked it with his foot, then sent it back. He got his sword and slashed Yven. " You should have been on guard. " said Lightning. Yven stood up and dashed at Lightning. Lightning was ready to counter Yven's sword, but instead he used his shield to knock Lightning's blade off and slash him again.

Lightning fell on the floor covering his two wounds. " Please, Lightning, there are 7 higher squads that are stronger than me, 1 soldier from the 5th squad is my equivalent, and you're having this much difficulty? " Yven picked up his sword for one final attack. He swung his sword and Lightning ducked down and punched Yven in the stomach, rolled to get his blade and then slashed him. Yven was fatally injured. Lightning kept slashing Yven until he felt his suffering and then pushed him back. " Guess I can kill the 5th Squad soldiers. "
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 am

"That was...a bit brutal...don't you think? Empire servant or not." Vincent jumped off his mount and over to the fallen soldiers; checking each for money. "Nothing."

Moving on to Yven, Vincent picks up both shield and sword. "Let us see the end of this fight with the Empire." With that he threw the weapons into a pool of lava; six bodies following.

"This 'mission' would appear to be over, so now let us plot for the safety of your family back at the Serpent's Tavern." Vincent remounts Blitz and the three leave.
Back to top Go down
Xiie
Cafè Keeper
Cafè Keeper
Xiie

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

Grading Covered

Length: The length is fine. Although it is quite fast to finish so I'll give it a 3/5.
Setting: The setting is detailed, and understandable. I can even picture it so 5/5
Plot: The plot posted in your recruit thread follows completely in your posts. The battles are intense too so 4/5
Character: The characters stay nearly to their summary description. Only nearly, not really exact. 4/5

Total Score: 16/20

Vincent Xrus + Lightning
Based on the grading I have given you guys, each of your characters get +23 exp and please choose each of you a Class Vir Weapon (1). Any type.
Back to top Go down
NotteEterna
Cafè Storyteller
Cafè Storyteller
NotteEterna

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:50 am

moved to Serpent's Tavern topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavern Defenders [rated]   Cavern Defenders [rated] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cavern Defenders [rated]
Page 1 of 1